Sunday, July 29, 2007

Accounting for the Silence

Dormancy. Perhaps "writer's block." Perhaps a simple absence of imagination stirring thoughts. The point is, the blog has been quiet of late. Travels have been part of it -- demands that took me away, both physically and mentally. But travel isn't the ultimate blame. It's not hard to get online. The internet has regularly been accessible; I simply haven't accessed it. Despite meetings and reconnections with old friends and distant relatives; despite debates and reports and swelling worship, I've been quiet. While I hope that I have had a few thoughts over the past week and however many days, the simple fact of it is that I haven't had anything to say -- an admission that is both humbling and, I like to think, authentic.

It could be that my eyes have glazed over. It could be that my nerve endings have calloused to the degree that only the most dramatic is perceived. It could also be that not every flicker of light warrants comment, no matter its welcomed interruption of the dark.

So, I have been quiet of late.

Until now.


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the flicker of your candle again.

Anonymous said...

Every activity, no matter how pleasant or necessary, sometimes needs us to take a break -- or we need the sabbatical from that activity. And the ability to return with new energy and fresh perspective.